The PMA Service Awards acknowledge PMA members who have shown an exceptional and outstanding commitment to a health service organisation or community.
The following were privileged to be the recipients for the PMA 20 Year Anniversary Conference dinner where the guest speaker was the Minister of Finance, Deputy Prime Minister Bill English.
The recipients of the PMA Service Awards are:
- Hamish Crooks, Chief Executive of Pacific Homecare
- Dr Josephine Aumea Herman, Fellow Bakerfield Medical and Urgent Care and Auckland University researcher
The Life Awards were awarded to:
- Dr Suitafa Deborah Ryan Nicholson, Principal Pacific Perspectives
- Dr Colin Tukuitonga, Director General, Secretariat Pacific Community
- Dr Tearikivao Maoate, Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist
- Mrs Debbie Sorensen, CEO Pasifika Futures Ltd
This was a night of entertaining conversations and networking and the Pasifika Medical Association acknowledge all involved and thank them all for contributing to PMA’s mission of working together to meet the health needs of Pacific people in the region.