Mt Wellington Integrated Healthcare
Auckland – Auckland Central
Healthcare & Medical – Management
Practice Manager at Mt Wellington Integrated Healthcare
Mt Wellington Integrated Healthcare is an innovative primary care and Whanau Ora clinic that is committed to providing the best support, care and advice to Pacific peoples.
Mt Wellington Integrated Healthcare is a part of the Pasifika Medical Association Group Family of Pacific organisations that enable Pacific people to reach their aspirations. These organisations include the Pasifika Medical Association Membership Trust, Pasifika Futures, and Etu Pasifika Christchurch.
This is a wonderful opportunity in a full-time fixed term role as Practice Manager, in an innovative Cornerstone Accredited general practice.
The Role of Practice Manager
We are looking for someone who has a passion for primary healthcare and has worked in the health sector. People skills are the most important quality we are looking for. Being able to fit in with the team, provide leadership where needed, manage the outward facing relationships, and maintain the high level of patient service that we are proud of, is essential.
Being able to pick up the operational leadership and management of this Cornerstone Accredited practice and to be able to collaborate in change management will be important. As well as people leadership, you will need to manage the financial planning, budgeting and accounting process.
You will be able to thrive in the challenging environment of primary healthcare, PHOs, funding, capitation, enrolments and the wide range of reporting that GP practice requires. You will have excellent financial skills and be happy to be the ‘go to’ person for all things operational.
You want to work in a team, do what it takes to support your colleagues and deliver excellent service; you will be able to work well with doctors, nurses, administrators and reception professionals; you will bring positivity, energy, enthusiasm and resilience to this varied and exciting role. You will enjoy leadership, creating a healthy culture and developing others.
You will have worked in healthcare, have held a leadership role, and have business management experience. Ideally you will be an experienced practice manager, but we would consider candidates who have been leaders and managers in health-related businesses.
Knowledge, Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in Practice Management in a GP practice is desirable but not essential.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to embrace change management
- Be honest, reliable and self-motivated.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Have financial management or accounting skills.
- Ability to delegate and direct others in a positive and sensitive way.
- Working knowledge of MedTech 32 is desirable but not essential
In return we will provide a supportive and positive working environment, this is a great opportunity to further develop your career.
Skills, abilities, personal attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of and relationship with New Zealand Pacific communities including knowledge of the challenges that Pacific families face.
- Flexibility to concurrently undertake a multitude of tasks and to achieve multiple deadlines
- Initiative and the capacity to work unsupervised
- Sets and maintains high work standards
- Methodical and accurate in one’s work, whilst achieving a high work rate
- Can interpret and explain to others, information received both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in relevant computer software, including MS Excel and Word
- Familiarity with using databases and building reporting solutions
- Ability to drive for results
- Takes responsibility for own work, recognises opportunities and acts with a minimum of supervision.
- Seeks input if required.
- Recognises and acts on opportunities.
- Models positive behaviours and the desired values and culture of the organisation.
- Willingly shares knowledge, expertise and within the team and with others in the organisation.
- Acts with honesty and integrity.
- Welcomes feedback and is receptive to input from others.
Industry Influence: This role is a central and collaborative part of the clinic to improve health outcomes for Pacific peoples and the wider community.
Location: Mt Wellington, Auckland
Reports to: Clinical Director
Lead our Values
- Keeps the organisation’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
- Be a model for the values of the business both internally and externally
Customer Care Quality
- At all times strive to provide total partner satisfaction through a service delivery process which continuously focuses in improvement.
- Constantly remain vigilant for improvement possibilities in the operation of the Company, bringing these to the attention of the organisation through the use of the corrective action system and by making appropriate suggestions. Acts as appropriate.
- Help ensure all personnel and quality policies and procedures are adhered to.
Health, Safety Company Policies & Wellbeing
- Accountable for complying with the company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensuring the provision of optimal health and safety conditions for areas over which the incumbent has control.
- Comply with all legislative obligations.
- Take reasonable steps to understand hazards and risk associated with business activity
- Champion health and safety policy and procedures and ensures their implementation
- Fluency in a Pacific language
This is an exciting opportunity for a person seeking to use their skills, experience and passion to make a positive difference.
For more information and to apply online, click here.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Closing date: Thursday 21st October, 5pm.