The Pasifika Medical Association Service Awards and Life Awards 2016 recognises the outstanding service made by Pacific medical practitioners to their communities.
The PMA Service Awards acknowledge PMA members who have shown an exceptional and outstanding commitment to a health service organisation or community.
The recipients of the PMA Service Awards are:
- Hamish Crooks, Chief Executive of Pacific Homecare
- Dr Josephine Aumea Herman, Fellow Bakerfield Medical and Urgent Care and Auckland University researcher
Both have demonstrated excellence in the health sector; particularly towards the health of Pacific people and communities, promoting effective care and support of those in need. They have strived to develop and improve PMA’s communities of care, inspiring others to take the initiative to produce a brighter future for their communities.
The Life Awards were awarded to:
- Dr Suitafa Deborah Ryan Nicholson, Principal Pacific Perspectives
- Dr Colin Tukuitonga, Director General, Secretariat Pacific Community
- Dr Tearikivao Maoate, Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist
- Mrs Debbie Sorensen, CEO Pasifika Futures Ltd
The recipients are influential figures in the Pacific healthcare sector and are active in improving Pacific health services and training.
Patron of PMA Dr Joe Williams says these are individuals who have shown passion and commitment to Pacific health service in New Zealand and the Pacific region. They have contributed excellent services at community level, and offer outstanding support and dedication within the health sector.
The awards celebrate the outstanding contributions of inspirational Pacific health professionals in New Zealand.
All were honoured and humbled to be recipients of this year’s PMA Service and Life Awards.
For more information contact Angie Enoka, Communications Manager on 021 809 137 or email@example.com